Monday, February 1, 2010

Cafe Rio Salad

Doesn't this just make you drool???

I've been playing around with different recipes, trying to re-create my favorite meal in the whole world, the Cafe Rio salad. Fantastic with either chicken or beef, this salad is a delicate combination of amazing ingredients (all of which must be included to get the real effect). Because there isn't a Cafe Rio within 2,000 miles of my house, I have to make do with what I have! I know I posted a while ago with some Cafe Rio knock-off recipes, but I've continued to play around and think I've found some that are better... Let me know what you think!

Here's the all-important order:
1. Toasted tortilla with a little melted cheese
2. Cilantro Lime Rice (the original recipe I posted is still the best I've found)
3. Black or pinto beans (I prefer black, click on "Black" for link to recipe)
4. Romaine lettuce, loosely torn
5. Shredded chicken, pork or beef (click on whichever one you want to make)
6. Pico de gallo, guacamole, tortilla strips, fresh cilantro sprigs, and a lime slice
7. Creamy Tomatillo Dressing (where the magic happens!)

No comments: