Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ruth's Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies














My MIL Ruth is a fantastic baker! She introduced me to these cookies soon after Jer and I got married, and I don't think I've missed a season of making them since. Actually, we usually make a few batches of these each Fall :o) Except I don't put nuts on top--my camera doesn't do food justice, so this picture's off the web...

Ruth's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 C butter
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 C pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 C flour (or more)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 C chocolate chips (or more :o)
Cream cheese frosting

Preheat oven to 375. Blend sugar and butter. Add eggs and beat till batter is smooth. Add pumpkin, vanilla, and dry ingredients all at once; then mix till well blended. Stir in chocolate chips till well distributed. Bake for 10-12 minutes; let cool and frost. Best when warm :o)

No comments: