Friday, April 13, 2007

Gooey Chex Mix AKA "Christmas Crack"

My friend Heather made this for our Book Club meeting last month, and I think we've all made it at least once since then. It's so good! And it's a perfect treat to make with your kids for a movie or game night, FHE dessert, etc...

Gooey-but-oh-so-good Chex Mix
1 cup butter
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
6 cups Rice Chex
6 cups Golden Grahams
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup coconut
1 cup Craisins
1 cup white chocolate chips

Stir butter, Karo syrup, and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes. Pour over the top of combined remaining ingredients. Mix well. Spread mix on wax paper and let sit for 1 hour or longer--if you have some self-control :o)

**I have found over the years that the white chocolate chips melt too much for my liking when I pour the hot butter/syrup/sugar combination on. So now I reserve the white chocolate chips and sprinkle them on top of the Chex mix while it's cooling on the wax paper. 

No comments: