Friday, April 13, 2007

Yellow Curry Chicken

This is just a really easy one, good for nights when you need a fast dinner. My friend Tamara told me about the yummy yellow curry sauce from Trader Joe's--she puts it in the crockpot with sweet potatoes. I needed to make it fast tonight, so I made it like my red curry chicken (I'll add that recipe later), and it turned out really well!

Yellow Curry Chicken
1 bottle Trader Joe's Yellow Curry Sauce
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 of one green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 of one small onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice (preferably Jasmine)
a few springs cilantro, finely chopped

Cook the rice according to directions. While rice is cooking, pour entire bottle of curry sauce into large skillet and start simmering on medium heat. Add chicken, green pepper and onion and cook until chicken is fully cooked. When rice is done, fold cilantro into it, and serve chicken over rice immediately.
**This recipe's got a little kick to it, so be prepared :o)

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

So I already have a question :-) Where do you get the Trader Joe's sauce? Can I get it at the grocery store? Thanks!

Karen said...

You have to get it at Trader Joe's--it's a great store! The closest one to you is at South Ross Plaza, 32073 Pacific Hwy. South, Federal Way, WA 98003. Check it out! Email me and I'll give you a list of other good things to get there :o)

Karen said...

For anyone else looking for a Trader Joe's, go to traderjoes.com and plug in your zip code... it's worth it!

kimberryorama said...

Karen, I made this and it was fabulous...we really loved it!
Thanks for the sauce and the great new recipe!