Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Homemade Oreo Cookies

Just a quick one tonight... We made these on Halloween and they were so yummy and so easy! You can change the color of the frosting to match whatever holiday you're celebrating. We're already dreaming about green (mint) ones for Christmas... Thanks, Lolli!

Homemade Oreo Cookies
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 stick of butter
2 eggs

Directions: Mix ingredients together. Roll into small balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. After cookies have cooled completely, spread frosting on one cookie and sandwich with another.

Cream Cheese Frosting
2 Tbsp butter
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar

Directions: Beat ingredients together until smooth, and then spread between two cookies.

2 comments:

Heather A said...

I've always loved these, but don't make them very often because I eat way too many of them.

Jen I said...

So I don't know if you read comments this far after - but I just made these for the first time and I've eaten about 6 so far today! I tried an Easter twist on them so right when they came out of the oven and were hot I squished them into egg shapes and then used different spring colors for frosting. They were so cute! I wish I could find my camera!